Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh look, more Vivian Girls


Vivian Girls - Everything Goes Wrong


Less than a year after their 23-minute-long debut, the girls have released their followup. It's twice as long, twice as fun, and a lot sadder. They continue to pump out speedy, simple, 60s-girl-group-inspired melodies and lovelorn lyrics, in a wall of craftless shoegaze noise. Everything Goes Wrong picks up where their S/T ended, heartbroken, with occasional exceptions. It's hard to pick favorites on this one, because every song's terrific. But as usual, I asterisk my personal favorites.

01 Walking Alone at Night
02 I Have No Fun*
03 Can't Get Over You
04 Desert
05 Tension
06 Survival*
07 The End*
08 When I'm Gone
09 Out for the Sun*
10 I'm Not Asleep
11 Double Vision*
12 You're My Guy
13 Before I Start to Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment