Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bat For Lashes - Two Suns

My other candidate for Best Album of 2009 (as of its first two months)


preview
Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
She's pretentious and... how do I put it? Overwrought? Girly? It's the ethereal fantasy-poetry thing. But she's using my favorite heavenly bodies/optical metaphors. The album has an alter-ego premise based on its duality theme that it's a battle between Natasha Khan's "darker spiritual desert self" and her destructive blonde temptress named "Pearl". This does not, however, detract from the music, which is gorgeously produced and more electronic than Fur and Gold.

1. Glass * (the first few lines grabbed me by the neck and the rest of the song proceeded to throttle me)
2. Sleep Alone
3. Moon and Moon
4. Daniel *
5. Peace of Mind
6. Siren Song * (best use of the duality theme)
7. Pearl’s Dream *
8. Good Love
9. Two Planets
10. Travelling Woman
11. The Big Sleep

*Best tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment